A plastic blister is a packaging option that can be used for just about any product. As blister pack manufacturers, we’ve created these packages for products such as school supplies, tools, office supplies, personal care items, pharmaceutical products, electronics and much more.
Reasons To Consider Plastic Blisters
1. Affordability – Packaging can eat up a good portion of your budget, but a plastic blister can be one of the most affordable types of packaging to consider. At Indepak, we use a variety of plastic materials and can find a material that meets your product needs as well as your budget. Additionally, plastic is more lightweight than other packaging materials, which can reduce your transportation costs.
2. Visibility – Consumers are much more likely to purchase a product if they actually can see it physically prior to purchase. A clear plastic blister allows them to get a look at your product, and we can design packaging that shows off your product to its best advantage.
3. Sustainability – Virtually all of the materials we use are recyclable, and we are experts at creating combination designs that include plastic materials as well as paperboard, thus reducing the overall amount of plastic we need to use for your packaging.
4. Protection – The materials we use are impact-resistant and moisture-resistant, which definitely helps to protect your product, whatever it might be. We also can design blister packs that will protect your static-sensitive products, and we can seal your blisters to help prevent tampering and damage.
Types Of Blister Packaging
1. Pharmaceutical Blisters – Many blister pack manufacturers can create this type of packaging, which separates single doses of medication into custom cavities. These can be used for prescription medications as well as over-the-counter medications, and once the medication is placed into the cavities, a foil or paper backing is applied.
2. Trap Blisters – These are an excellent option for items that need a high level of protection, and they also are an option for companies that wish to reduce the amount of plastic used in their packaging.
For this type of blister, the plastic portion is designed to fit precisely around your product and then this plastic cavity is “trapped” between two pieces of paperboard which include a die-cut area where we place the plastic. This keeps your product safe from the elements and tampering, yet still visible for your customers.
3. Face Seal Blisters – There are several different types of face seal blisters, and these incorporate paperboard and plastic, but the plastic is not trapped between two pieces of paper board. For the most basic type of a face seal plastic blister, we simply glue or seal the plastic to the paperboard. You see this type of blister used for many lightweight and inexpensive products, such as lighters, pens, lip balm, glue, etc.
The basic face seal is an excellent and highly affordable option, but we can provide you with a full face seal plastic blister and have the plastic extend all the way to the edge of the paperboard. This can be a good option if you need a package that is a bit more durable or for a more expensive product. We can even bring the plastic over the edge of the paperboard for additional security and durability. A full-face seal is definitely the option to consider for heavier items, especially if they will be hanging, as there will be plastic material reinforcing the hang hole.
4. Clamshells – A clamshell actually is a blister pack that folds onto itself, and this is a great packaging option when you need a high level of protection. We can create clamshells for just about any product, and we can even design tri-fold clamshells that stand on their own. This allows you to display your merchandise either sitting on a shelf or hanging from a peg, which makes your packaging much more versatile.
Because we have a wide range of machinery, we are able to process many different types of thermoform plastic materials. This includes ABS, HDPE, HIPS, OPS, PET, PETG, PP, PVC and even starch-based biomaterials. PVC is one of the most commonly used materials for plastic blisters, but we can certainly explore other options, such as PET or PP.
Why Use Indepak?
We’ve been working as blister pack manufacturers for more than 50 years, and have the experience you need in order to design the best possible packaging for your product. We keep everything in house, as well, from our design services to prototyping to production, and this keeps your costs down.
Additionally, we offer services such as inventory management and package fulfillment. If you need inventory management, we have 50,000 square feet of warehouse space and we can design just about any type of inventory system you might need, from a simple minimum-maximum system to more sophisticated customer-based web portals.
Our package fulfillment services are just a natural extension of what we do. Once your packaging has been produced, we can pack up your products and even seal the packaging together with processes such as RF welding and heat sealing.
If you need any type of plastic blister, give the team at Indepak a call. Through the years we have created packaging for a wide range of retail products and can create an affordable and attractive package for your unique items.