At Indepak, we can design any type of custom plastic packaging that you might need, this includes blister packaging, thermoformed trays, tubs and clamshell packages. Let’s take a look at clamshell packaging to help you decide if this is your best packaging option.
Common Uses For Clamshell Packages
Clamshells can be used for a wide range of products throughout many industries including:
• Specialty Foods – We can design clamshell packages to hold fresh fruit, vegetables, deli items, bakery items, takeaway containers and more.
• Personal Care – Clamshell packaging can be used for items such as makeup, razors, first aid supplies, electric toothbrushes, etc.
• Retail Products – At Indepak, we’ve designed clamshell packages for just about every type of product imaginable, including office supplies, tools, electronics, toys and more.
5 Key Benefits of Clamshell Packaging
• High visibility – Clear plastic allows consumers to see exactly what they are purchasing, and with a clamshell, the entire product can be visible.
• Sealing options – Sealed clamshell packages can be highly tamper-resistant, protecting your product from theft and damage. We also can design easy-open clamshell packages, which can be an advantage for those needing eCommerce packaging.
• Lightweight – Plastic materials are extremely lightweight, which helps lower your shipping costs.
• Affordable – Plastic materials are the most affordable packaging materials available
• Recyclability – Virtually all of the materials we use at Indepak are recyclable, and we also can design packaging using materials with recycled content or use starch-based biomaterials.
• Protection – Plastic materials are moisture-resistant and impact-resistant, which helps to protect your product from damage.
Clamshell Packaging Design
When you think about clamshell packages, you might simply think about those handy takeaway containers from restaurants or perhaps the containers that hold fresh fruit or veggies. However, clamshells can be designed around any type of product, including just about any retail product. We can design a traditional clamshell as well as tri-fold clamshells that can stand on their own or be hung from a peg, offering you complete versatility.
Our experienced design team utilizes the latest technology to develop your custom packaging design, often starting with CAD files of your product. Once we create the design, we will provide easy-to-understand solid model designs for review. Once this design is approved, we move on to prototyping. We keep everything in-house including design, prototyping and production, we even have our own in-house tooling shop. This ensures quality as well as keep costs down for our clients.
Clamshell Packaging Materials
At Indepak, our facility includes multiple lines of high-speed thermoforming equipment, allowing us to meet the needs of a diverse clientele. We can use a wide range of materials including PET, PETG, HDPE, HIPS, ABS, PP, PVC, OPS and starch-based biomaterials. We also can use materials with recycled content for all or a portion of your project.
While consumers always want high-quality products, today’s consumers also are looking for products that are packaged as sustainably as possible. Using recycled content and recyclable packaging materials can be a great choice to consider. Virtually all of the materials we use at Indepak are recyclable and we also work diligently to design sustainable packaging that reduces the overall use of plastic.
When we create smaller clamshell packages, we don’t just reduce the amount of plastic needed to make each clamshell. With smaller packaging, you can ship more units per box and place more units on store shelves. Plastic materials also are the most lightweight packaging material, which means less fuel is needed to transport your products, and that’s a win for your budget and the environment.
Other Packaging Options
While we can create any size or shape of clamshell packaging that you might need, that’s not the only type of packaging we provide to our customers. We are blister packaging experts and can create everything from face seal blisters to trap blisters and medical blisters.
Additionally, we can provide you with custom thermoformed trays. We can create trays for retail products, medical kits, electronic items, business-to-business tote trays and all types of specialty foods, including freezer-to-oven food trays and trays used for modified atmosphere packaging.
If you need custom tubs, with or without lids, we can provide these as well. Not everything we design is a package. We can design custom thermoform plastic parts, products, displays and other items, as well. Our high-speed equipment can thermoform rigid plastic materials from .008” to .080” in thickness, and foam materials from approximately 1/16” to ¼”.
Since 1967, Indepak has been designing and producing plastic thermoformed clamshell packages for a wide range of industries. The markets we serve include:
• Specialty Foods
• Personal Care
• Retail (Tools, Office Supplies, Toys, Art Supplies, etc.)
• Medical & Pharmaceutical
Whether you need clamshell packages, blister packaging, thermoform trays or something else, give the team at Indepak a call today and let’s discuss your thermoforming project. We’ve been creating custom packaging for more than 50 years and can find a total packaging solution that fits your needs and your budget.